Portability and ease of transfer are one of the most important things I look for in a wordpress theme. This is mainly because I do a lot of conceptual design in subdomains of my main website. I like to take pieces of those concepts and implement them into final designs I do for clients.
Today we are going to cover a feature of one of my favorite themes, Divi. Specifically, we are going to talk about the import/export feature build in to Divi. Elegant Themes has done a really nice job with this theme and the support community is very active. The steps below are a reference point and the video will walk you through the process.
- Go into the theme customizer of the wordpress installation of which you want to copy theme settings.
- Select the up and down arrow icon.
- Click on the export tab and save the .json file.
- Name your file and select the blue export button.
- Go into the new wordpress installation and return to the customizer.
- Click the up and down arrow icon and this time select the import tab.
- Go to browse and then select the file you exported from the original wordpress installation.
- Select import divi customizer settings and everything from the original wordpress installation will be copied into the new wordpress installation.
This is a very simple, but powerful process. I hope you enjoyed this tip. I’d love your feedback, requests or suggestions. As always, thank you so much. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your attention for a few minutes. I’d love to connect with you and hopefully help one another reach or continue living our dreams. You can find me on just about every social media service and all the links are below. Be Kind, Be Humble and Work Your Ass Off!